One of the objectives of the Megantic Community Foundation (MCF) is to provide assistance to the school community. In order to pursue this objective, the MCF offers a Bursary Program to recognize and support students of all ages and gives two bursaries of $500 annually.
- One bursary to an Andrew Stuart Johnson graduate (Secondary V) pursuing post-secondary education (D.E.P., Cegep, University)
- One bursary to a member of the English-speaking community living in the Appalaches, L’Érable or Lotbinière MRCs who wishes to further his/her studies as a mature student.
The application must contain the following information/documents:
- Completed application form Download PDF form (66 Kb)
- Copy of official acceptance to higher education or return to school
- A letter by the applicant explaining his/her motivation in wishing to receive this bursary
- One letter of recommendation
- Any other relevant information that the applicant would like to share with the MCF Bursary Committee.
Application deadline and selection
Deadline for reception of applications is May 1st of each year. Applications received after that date will not be considered. Recipients will be notified in writing by the following July 1st and a cheque will be mailed by the end of August. The application forms and supporting documents must be sent to :
Megantic Community Foundation
ATT: MCF Bursary Committee
906 Mooney Street W.
Thetford Mines (Qc) G6G 6H2
Phone : 418 332-3851 / Fax : 418 332-3153